It is amazing that the scriptures speak to me in a different way according to my current needs and situation. Today I was reading in the Book of Mormon and came across a scripture that struck me, as a newly called missionary, with a personal application to my needs and situation. They are the words of Mormon as he was asked to make a copy of some of the Nephite plates, but didn't know why. The application to me is an answer to the question I often get, "Why are you going on another mission?"
Words of Mormon 1:7
And I do this for a wise purpose; for thus it whispereth me, according to the workings of the Spirit of the Lord which is in me. And now, I do not know all things; but the Lord knoweth all things which are to come; wherefore, he worketh in me to do according to his will.
Mom and I have had the whisperings of the Spirit that have prompted us to go forward. It has been interesting to see all of the obstacles that have come in our way since we made the decision to serve, but it is even more amazing to see the way opened and those obstacles have been overcome. I know that there is a good work to do in the lives of people we will meet. We will be an ensign of the Lord in extending faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, a testimony of hope in him, and invite them to feel the peace, comfort and joy that comes through him. I am so excited to meet and serve those in need and to see what he has in store for us to do to help them.
We were set apart as full-time missionaries today. The way is opened and the work has begun.


What a wonderful day. You two look radiant. So good to see your family around you to love and support you in your service. Thanks for the blog Jim! I'll be looking at it frequently and missing my dear friend!
ReplyDelete